Request Info

Visit

Apply Now

Give

November Internship Report – Joshua and Laura Carpenter (Hosanna and Josiah)

Published November 6, 2017

Sunrise Bible Fellowship, Red Bluff, California

Joshua

Ministry Highlights

One highlight I have experienced this month has been in applying my visitation project to my current context at Sunrise. Specifically, the evangelistic visitation has been especially rewarding. I have made several connections in our community through referrals of church members. In addition, I have been training others in the church to do visitation with me. They have added interest in this new ministry for our church.

Another specific highlight for this month has been in our one on one Bible studies that we have started a fresh. We have three additional Bible studies going in right now. I am excited that these studies taking place in apartment buildings. Those in attendance are anxious to invite their neighbors to the bible studies.

An unplanned highlight of this last month has been to see God using the people of Sunrise to carry our mercy ministries through our church. There are mentally ill people who are being ministered to because individuals in our church choose to reach out to them. Jesus is reaching all kinds of people.

Another ministry highlight has been in continuing to preach at Sunrise. Preaching is a passion of mine and others are noting to me that they feel fed from God’s Word, that the Word is properly observed, interpreted, and applied.

Key Prayer Requests

Join us in thanking God for our here in Red Bluff at Sunrise. Pray that we can continue to cherish our time in these season on life.

Pray for unity at Sunrise as the oversight team seeks God’s will for the future of our church’s leadership direction. Specifically pray for additional staffing needs.

Praise God that my wife and I are expecting our baby girl, Blessing in January. Please pray for a safe pregnancy and delivery.

Praise God that we have experienced many joys as a church and as a couple as we make more and better disciples together.

Prominent Lessons

One significant lesson that I have learned is to keep in mind that God is reaching all kinds of people, including the very challenging, such as those who have mental illness.

Another significant lesson that I learned is that it’s important to maintain a goal of church multiplication. We are called to make more and better disciples, therefore this has direct implications to our application of church planting.

I learned that corporate prayer with your church is vital to unity. Praying together often equals staying together in purpose and goal.

I learned that it is important to glean the wisdom from others in full-time ministry. This is especially those who have experience in the tough church decisions that we all face. It can be lonely at the top, however God supplies coaching and accountability.

Key Goals for the Next Month

I have set a goal of arranging more counseling meetings. I would like the church to be more aware with this.

Next month I have set a goal to train at least one more person in visitation and bible study leading.

Next month I have set a goal to plan on making two more people trained in making visitation contacts.

Next month I have set a goal to be gathering resources about church planting and multi-site churches.

Laura

Ministry Highlights

I have a new intern coach for the remainder of our time here at Sunrise. I am excited to learn from her experiences.

I’ve been able to jump back into getting projects done at the church. I have always loved making my home and the church more beautiful/organized so I am happy to be able to do it again.

Key Prayer Requests

Pray for the relationships that we are continuing to attempt to build into here.

My pregnancy is progressing well. I am 30 weeks. Pray for endurance as I get bigger, but my responsibilities remain the same in the home. I’ve been very emotional this last month and feel that it is mostly the pregnancy hormones to blame. It’s been difficult to remain steady while dealing with all that comes with the last 10 weeks of pregnancy.

Pray for our future and where we will be after graduation. It is all very unknown and that is hard.

Prominent Lessons

I am really trying to make the most of the time I have with just my two kids before another comes. I am a big “doer” and find it difficult to just rest and “be”. I am attempting to be more aware of this challenge and bring more balance into my life. I think I’ve been growing in this area with the help of Jesus.

Key Goals for the Next Month

Be an encouragement to those I come in contact with here in Red Bluff.

Continue to encourage my husband and pray with/for him daily.

Strive to be the best Bible Study Fellowship group leader I can be.

Be joyful in these last 2 months of pregnancy.

Left Menu Icon
Clarks Summit University Clarks Summit University