On-Campus and Alumni Services
It is our privilege to help alumni find a place of ministry.
We want the excellent training you received at Clarks Summit University to be put into use in the local church, school, para-church organization, mission field or wherever God may direct you.
Clarks Summit University partners with Handshake, a leader in the early career planning community whose mission is to give all students the chance to build the career they want, no matter where they’re from or what school they attend.
As an employer, you can post positions for current students and alumni. To post a position, please create an employer account. Career Services will review and approve employers who fit our student and alumni interests.
Churches seeking to post positions can post on Handshake but can also share with our seminary. To share an opportunity, please send a completed job description, person of contact and your church Statement of Faith/Doctrinal Statement or a link to where that can be found to CareerServices@ClarksSummitU.edu. Career Services will forward the information to the appropriate contacts.
Alumni can search for positions within the CSU network, and other networks available to CSU. To create an alumni account, you will be directed to use your email (you do not need a .edu email) and upon verification of your alumni status, you can create a profile. An alumni profile allows users to search for positions, as well as be recruited.
CSU’s Career Services is available to help with the design and review of cover letters and resumes. Contact us at 570.585.9316 or careerservices@ClarksSummitU.edu.
General Career Services
- America’s Job Bank. Posted job banks for each state.
- Career Resource Center. Job listings, career assessment tests, education resources and more.
- Career Builder. Post resumes and search for jobs.
- Career Jet. Generic employment search engine.
- Career Path. A career resource center that will assist you in making the right career decisions. Assistance is provided with career tests, advice, and resources.
- Chronicle of Higher Education. Specific job site for educational institutions.
- Classified Solutions Group. E-recruiting and human resources solutions. Specific sites for accounting, engineering, financial, IT and sales positions.
- College Grad. Job search preparation.
- Commonwealth Workforce Development System. Links businesses and individuals to Pennsylvania’s workforce development and independent living services offered through the Department of Labor & Industry and the Department of Public Welfare.
- GARBC. Placement services for churches and pastors
- Job Bank USA. Career and employment services for job candidates, employers and recruiters.
- Job-Hunt. Job listings, networking resources and resume helps.
- Job Search Page. Offers students instant and free access to millions of available jobs from across the web.
- Monster. Find jobs, get help with resumes, and get advice on careers.
- NovoResume. Build your resume, CV and cover letter using these samples.
- Pennsylvania Jobs. Jobs and employment opportunities in Pennsylvania.
- Riley Guide. Employment opportunities and job resources.
- Telecommuting Jobs. Information on working-at-home opportunities.
Ministry Career Openings
ESL and English Teaching
- American Association of Christian Schools. Lists educational jobs.
- Association of Christian Schools International. List educational jobs in US and Canada.
- Association of Christian Teachers and Schools. Post resumes and search education positions.
- Christian Jobs. Lists Christian jobs in multiple areas.
- Jobs for Teachers. Generic site that lists multiple sites for educational employment opportunities.
- Mission Teach. Site dedicated to helping connect teachers and schools worldwide.
- Network of International Christian Schools. Lists educational jobs around the world.
- Pennsylvania Department of Education Job Search System. Specific listing for Pennsylvania teaching jobs.
Student Career Services
We want you to choose the right career path and help you make the right choices along the way.
Student Career Services can help you familiarize yourself with your strengths and abilities. We will also plug you into an academic program that will allow you to use those skills in practical ministry.
We aim to help students achieve success in the areas of:
Being – relates to who students are in Christ now
Doing – relates to what students do in Christ next
Becoming – relates to the ongoing process of living in Christ
Student Career Services Offerings
Services Offered Include:
- Career Direct Test (produced by Crown Financial Ministries)
- Interview training and preparation
- Career counseling
- Placement help for local employment
As a freshmen you may find yourself asking questions like, “What are my strengths, skills, abilities, goals, and values?,” “What are the majors and what will they prepare me to do?,” “Which one should I choose?” and “How much should I know about my future career direction?” Student Career Services can provide career counseling and assessment, as well as instruction for informational interviewing and job-shadowing.
Sophomore students often ask questions like: “Where am I going?,” “Who and what am I going to become?,” “How will my major equip me?,” “What are my occupational choices?,” “How do I know which one is right for me?” and “What should I be doing with my career direction now?” Student Career Services will review majors and courses with sophomore students and help them determine what options their major affords.
Student Career Services will help Juniors work through questions like: “What should I be doing to further my career interest?,” “Who can I network with regarding my area of interest?,” “What related experiences will help me achieve me goals?” and “Should I consider graduate school?” Students will be pointed towards helpful resources and receive assistance in creating their resume.
Student Career Services will guide Seniors through questions like: “What am I going to do after college?,” “Should I consider graduate school?,” “What types of jobs should I consider?” and “What will life be like after college?” Students will be provided with resume assistance as well as job-search and networking aid.