President’s Letter

President’s Letter

Dear Friends, 

If we played a word-association game, when I said “influencer,” you might immediately respond, “social!” That’s life in 2023. Whether on TikTok or Instagram, social influencers have an effect on their multiplied thousands of followers who want to be like them. They popularize a lifestyle or a look, and they market the products that create the look. It’s powerful influence.

Influence is simply having an effect on someone or something. Large or small, positive or negative—the influencer promotes change.

“What do you have that you did not receive?” Paul asked the Corinthians. He was chiding them. They needed to consider that everything they were and all that was theirs came from God through others. He gave them eternal life in Christ through someone who shared the gospel with them. He gave them spiritual gifts designed for others’ growth. Everything came to them through influencers.

The most powerful influencers in my life shaped my character because of their care for me. They invested time in me. They helped me change, improve and grow. They relied on God’s truth. They realized that God had put them here on Earth to be channels of His truth. Because they influenced, I learned how to study and apply the Bible. I learned how to love my wife and my kids. I learned to love my church. I learned to carry my faith into my work. I grew in Christ.

From the moment of salvation, we are designed to be influencers. In this issue of Summit Magazine, you will meet some world class Influencers worthy of imitation. This issue will encourage you to influence more people, more deeply. 

James R. Lytle, D.Min.
President

Left Menu Icon
Clarks Summit University Clarks Summit University