(Bachelor of Science & Master of Science in Counseling)
A fast track for counseling.
The Accelerated Counseling program allows you to earn two degrees in five years. Graduates gain both Bachelor of Science in Counseling and Master of Science in Counseling degrees. This focused program combines undergraduate and graduate level courses for a unique blended schedule. You will train with licensed counselors as your professors and will study in interactive classrooms as you learn the biblical base for effective counseling.
The Accelerated Counseling program is designed for students with a strong academic background able and motivated to study at the graduate level.
You have a heart for people and a deep desire to offer counsel to those around you. You are drawn towards those who are struggling with emotional trauma and desperately want to share God’s love with them. You have a clear direction and are ready to enter the professional field as soon as possible.
degrees in 5 years
YOU WILL LEARN TO...
- Articulate a biblical worldview as it relates to counseling philosophy and methodology.
- Develop and grow your counseling abilities in professional settings.
- Study and write professionally on a research topic.
- Demonstrate personal awareness and maturity in psycho-social and spiritual development.
YOU WILL LEAVE CLARKS SUMMIT UNIVERSITY WITH…
- The qualifications needed to effectively assist people in difficulty.
- Valuable counseling experience under supervisors and mentors.
- The ability to communicate clearly with clients with learned people-helping skills.
- An academic foundation to pursue doctoral studies or certification as a professional counselor.
QUICK FACTS ABOUT CSU’S ACCELERATED COUNSELING PROGRAM
- 153 credits
- Earn two degrees in five years.
- Prepares you to pursue licensure and/or certification.
- An internship and multiple practicums provide training and experience in real counseling situations.
- Physiological Psychology
- Biblical Philosophy of Counseling
- Abnormal Behavior
- Marriage and Family Counseling
- Theories and Techniques in Counseling
- Career Counseling
- Ethics and Professional Orientation to Counseling
- Career Counselor
- Mental Health Counselor
- School Guidance Counselor
- Marriage and Family Therapist