Master of Divinity
You’re passionate about professional ministry, and you are ready to immerse yourself in serious study of Scripture. Through Baptist Bible Seminary’s Master of Divinity program, you will be equipped to handle the Scriptures accurately, serve the church effectively and love all people equally through a biblically centered education.
The Master of Divinity program balances the core curriculum of Bible, biblical languages, theology and ministry with specialty courses and first-hand experience for maximum practicality and excellence in ministry.
You value rigorous academics. You need practical, hands-on experience. Your main goal is to love God more deeply and serve Him more effectively. You’ll fit right in at Baptist Bible Seminary.
- Powerful discounts are available to help reduce your tuition costs.
- Choose between an 12-credit hour, one-year paid pastoral internship or integrative ministry project that will give you immediate ministry experience. The pastoral internship or integrative ministry project hones your ministry skills in a tangible, sound and practical teaching environment.
- One option for completing the program is through on-campus classes. Students can take advantage of on-campus living or accommodations in the nearby region.
- The other option for completing the program is through online learning, plus the internship experience. Students love studying online, so they can further their ministry without leaving their ministry. You will not have to be present during specific times, making this online degree truly flexible to work with your schedule.
- Through our Spouse Tuition Grant, husbands and wives of full-time Master of Divinity students can take one class per semester free of charge, for a maximum of six credits per year. (Fill out the Tuition Remission Form under “other links and forms.”)
Choose a Format
Once-a-week classes meet weekly on the nationally recognized beautiful campus of Clarks Summit University.
Modules are full courses concentrated into one or two weeks of on-campus study throughout the year; they may require work before and after the course on your own. On-campus housing and meals are available.
You can complete the coursework for your entire degree online, and you will finish with a hands-on, paid pastoral internship.
Master of Divinity Requirements
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required (degrees from non-accredited institutions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.)
Acceptance into the Master of Divinity program does not guarantee graduation from the program. Candidacy status marks the student who shows diligence and high potential for ministry success. For details regarding candidacy status, read the Baptist Bible Seminary Catalog.