An 18-hour Event for Men.
Man Up! May 13–14, 2022
SPEAKER: Pat Williams, NBA Hall of Famer
At Man Up! you’ll hit the pause button on your daily grind and recharge spiritually with other men who are excited about serving Christ.
- Man Up! is on the campus of Clarks Summit University, where you’ll eat well, recharge, learn from God’s Word and even help with a service project during this jam-packed experience.
- Come after work on Friday, and you’ll get home in time for dinner Saturday—refreshed and ready to Man Up for Christ!
- Man Up! 2022 Featured speaker: Pat Williams, Senior vice president of Orlando Magic and former General Manager of the Chicago Bulls, Atlanta Hawks and Philadelphia 76ers
- Italian buffet dinner, man-sized brunch, sundae bar
- Recreation Center use including basketball courts and The Crag rock climbing wall
- Enjoy the scenic CSU campus including the Creation Walk and fishing in the pond (bring your own gear)
- On-campus accommodations (optional)
Bring your group to Man Up!
Man Up! is a great experience for men’s groups to attend together. With only an 18-hour time commitment and low cost, it’s accessible for church groups, small groups and friends. With activities, excellent food and Bible messages from the world of sports, your group truly will want to experience this event together. Build unity and fellowship as you learn and grow alongside one another at MAN UP!
Man Up! Featured Speaker
NBA Sports Executive
Sports executive Pat Williams has over 50 years of experience in the NBA—most recently as the senior vice president of the NBA’s Orlando Magic. Prior to co-founding the Magic, Williams was general manager of the Chicago Bulls, Atlanta Hawks and most notably, the Philadelphia 76ers, where he assembled the 1982-83 NBA championship team (including Julius Erving and Moses Malone). He received the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 2012 and was named one of the 50 most influential people in NBA history in 1996. The former Minor League Baseball player also worked in the front office of the Philadelphia Phillies. In addition to being a motivational speaker, Williams has written more than 100 books, including his latest release “Character Carved in Stone.” Williams is the proud father of 19 children—five biological and 14 adopted from four nations. He also has 17 grandchildren. He and his wife Ruth reside in Orlando, Florida.
Man Up! Schedule
6 p.m. – Check-in
7 p.m. – Italian Buffet Dinner
8:15 p.m. – Main Session: Pat Williams
9:30 p.m. – Make your own Sundae Bar
10:30 p.m. – Optional Activities
6 a.m. – Coffee and doughnuts
7:30 a.m. – Work Up! service projects
9:30 a.m. – Eat Up! All you can eat Brunch
10:30 a.m. – Main Session: Pat Williams
Noon – Head Home
Man Up! Resources
Convenient Area Hotels
Several area hotels are within a five–15 minute drive to our campus.
Other hotels are also available. Below are a few options:
Days Inn by Wyndham
1946 Scranton Carbondale Hwy.
Scranton, PA 18508
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
1265 Commerce Blvd.
Dickson City, PA 18519
890 Northern Blvd.
Clarks Summit, PA 18411
You can view a complete listing of all area hotels including pricing and contact information. Always ask if they offer a Clarks Summit University discount when you contact area hotels.
Man Up! Promotional Materials
Please check back for FREE items to help promote and share about Man Up! with your friends and others:
UPDATED promotional materials coming soon.
Man Up! Cancellation Policy
A $10 cancellation fee per person is included with each registration. Should you cancel your registration, you will be refunded the amount minus the $10 cancellation fee. Please allow 4-6 weeks for processing of registration refund.
You may cancel a registration on or before April 20 by emailing manup@ClarksSummitU.edu and selecting one of two options:
- Send a substitute in your place. (Please provide the substitute’s first and last name, mailing address, email address and phone number.)
- Receive a refund of the registration fee less a $10 cancellation fee.
If your registration is cancelled after the deadline, no refund will be given.
There are no discounts for late arrivals or partial days. All conference attendees must pre-register.