(Bachelor of Science)
Earning Your Degree at CSU
Our sports and health science programs, including the Pre-Athletic Training and Pre-Physical Therapy majors, will prepare you for health science-specific graduate programs. Your classes and experiences will prepare you to excel in master’s degree programs in athletic training followed by doctoral programs in various medical fields.
The advantage of completing your undergraduate degree at CSU before going to graduate school is that you will be grounded in your faith, learning about the sciences from a distinctly biblical worldview. As you move into further study, your foundation in Bible study and focus on serving others will help you navigate higher education as you prepare for a career. The education you receive at CSU is quality preparation for graduate school—and for life.
HELP OTHERS EXCEL
You love fitness, wellness and sports, and you want to see others succeed. You find the human body intriguing and are amazed by the science of biology and anatomy. Maybe you experienced quality care from caring health professionals, and you want to help others perform well and care for their own bodies.
hours of practicum experience
YOU WILL LEARN TO...
- Lead individuals in training and nutrition program development
- Prevent, analyze and care for activity and sports-related injuries
- Distinguish between health and wellness facts and fiction
- Interact with others in a professional manner
YOU WILL LEAVE CLARKS SUMMIT UNIVERSITY WITH…
- A strong foundations of human anatomy and physiology
- Valuable hands-on experience in your field
- Excellent preparation for further education
- Biblically sound philosophies of exercise and health
QUICK FACTS ABOUT CSU’S PRE-ATHLETIC TRAINING PROGRAM
- 124 Credits
- Leave CSU prepared for further education and certification in your field of interest
- 10 credits of experiential learning practicum classes allow you to observe and gain more than 200 hours of experience in your preferred field
- Care and Prevention of Athletic Injuries
- Exercise Physiology
- Exercise and Nutrition
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Community Health Worker
- Wellness Coach
- Personal Trainer
- Athletic Trainer*
- Physician Assistant*
- Physical Therapy Assistant*
*with further education