Pastoral Ministries (Bachelor of Science)
If God is calling you into full-time pastoral ministry, one of the most important decisions you will make is where you will acquire your education. It is vital you seek a school that is committed to solid biblical and theological instruction and that features qualified professors who uphold that standard.
Serve Christ Effectively.
You are eager to reach people for Christ. You love taking on leadership roles and mobilizing people to achieve a goal. You have a passion for Bible study, and you love to share what you are learning. At Clarks Summit University, you will receive an excellent education that prepares you to be an effective pastor who will influence people for Christ.
Quick Facts about CSU’s Pastoral Ministries Program
- Learn from professors with 150 years of combined experience in teaching and local church ministries.
- Build a strong foundation through 42 credit hours of Bible and theology courses.
- Multiple levels of instruction in the original biblical language of Greek hones your Bible study skills
- You’ll experience small class sizes with personal attention and individual instruction.
- You will complete seven units of course-related practical ministry, including evangelism and Bible teaching.
- You will preach in a local church and are encouraged to earn academic credit in a summer apprenticeship program.
You will Learn to…
- Study and teach the Word of God
- Reach the world around you
- Teach, disciple and counsel from a biblical worldview
You will Leave Clarks Summit University with…
- Character, competency and commitment for pastoral ministry
- Practical, hands-on experience in ministry
- Mentors who have served and are serving well in the field
- Preparation to further your academic studies through seminary, such as Baptist Bible Seminary
You Could be a…
- Youth Pastor
- Associate Pastor
- Church Planter
- Other Pastoral Leadership Roles
- Ministry Leader
- Church Evangelism Strategies
- Dynamics of Discipleship
- Education Ministries of the Church
- Expository and Advanced Expository Preaching
- Family Life of the Ministry Leader
- Ministry Leadership
- Pastoral Counseling
- Pastoral Seminar
- Personal Life of the Ministry Leader
What our Students Say…
“Clarks Summit University is serious about training ministry leaders. My preaching and pastoral counseling classes have been thorough and effective in equipping me for ministry. The professors exemplify what we discuss in class. They are diligently serving the Lord, and that touches the lives of everyone they meet. Clarks Summit University is a place where you will be equipped with skills to take into ministry for life.”
“The pastoral program at Clarks Summit University offers the right balance of instruction in theology, original biblical languages, counseling, and preaching. I learned effective ministry concepts from faculty members who genuinely believe and live what they are teaching. I gained invaluable life lessons from their experiences.” —Andy Tritt, Clarks Summit University alumnus