Outreach Ministries (Bachelor of Science)
You desire to be a leader who will effectively build the local church by encouraging believers and reaching people for Christ. You want to meet the needs of the broken and hurting. In a sin-plagued world, you want to help the local church proclaim the hope of eternal life in Christ to the lost. You’re ready to answer the call to become an effective, spiritually aware leader who will develop the relationships and ministry programs that will reach unbelievers for Christ.
Reach the Lost.
The Outreach Ministries program is structured around a dynamic combination of challenging classes, highly qualified faculty and extensive hands-on training. You will emerge from this program ready to reach the lost for Christ through effective leadership in the local church.
Quick Facts about Clarks Summit University’s Outreach Ministries Program
- 121 Credits
- You can customize your electives to meet your personal ministry goals.
- Leave prepared to enter seminary, such as Baptist Bible Seminary, for further training.
You will Learn to…
- Clearly communicate your faith in Christ
- Connect theological truths to everyday situations
- Lead other believers in sharing the gospel
- Work within a church team to influence culture
- Interact with people from all backgrounds
You will Leave CSU with…
- An outreach-driven view for service
- Current church development strategies
- Effective communication skills to minister to others
- A solid understanding of key Bible and theology concepts
You Could be a…
- Outreach Coordinator
- Church Administrator
- Student Ministries Director
- Dynamics of Discipleship
- Foundations of Ministry Leadership
- Pastoral Counseling
- Church Evangelism Strategies
- The Personal Life of the Ministry Leader
What our Students Say…
“I really enjoyed the opportunity to do several internships during my summer breaks. I was able to travel as a child/teen evangelist and work as an intern youth pastor. The program leaves room for a lot of hands-on learning, which is important for full-time ministry. The faculty here at Clarks Summit University has had a great impact on my life. The professors showed me how to discover what I believe, how to defend what I believe, and how to share with others what I believe. If you have a passion for evangelism in the local church, this program will give you the skills and knowledge necessary for that ministry."
“In order to really learn about ministry, you have to be involved in ministry. Clarks Summit University gave me the opportunity to do that. The faculty members not only challenged me to really push myself and step up to ministry leadership, but they also equipped me with invaluable behind-the-scenes experience in churches. That experience helped prepare me for the real-life ministry with which I am involved today.” —Tim Merrell, Clarks Summit University (BBC) graduate, “Huddle Coach” with Fellowship of Christian Athletes and Head Girls Volleyball Coach at Trinity Christian Academy, Raleigh, North Carolina
Head Girls Volleyball Coach at Trinity Christian Academy