Music Education (PreK–12)
(Bachelor of Music in Education)
Teach and mentor through music
MAKE AN IMPACT
Growing up, music class was your favorite, whether it was weekly piano lessons, singing in choirs or playing in the band. You are passionate about using your musical talents to honor God and move people. You understand that music reaches people in unique ways. You have a heart for students and want to mentor and teach them to pursue excellence in their music.
certifications eligible after graduation
YOU WILL LEARN TO...
- Teach one-on-one and class music lessons
- Create engaging lessons and learning environments
- Lead professionally and biblically with integrity
- Compose, arrange and conduct music
YOU WILL LEAVE CLARKS SUMMIT UNIVERSITY WITH…
- Performance experience alongside distinguished faculty
- Solid biblical philosophies of music and education
- The ability to mentor others in music development and performance
QUICK FACTS ABOUT CSU’S MUSIC EDUCATION PROGRAM
- 128 Credits
- A student teaching experience at both public and private schools fulfills 12 credits.
- You will be eligible to apply for Pennsylvania state certification and from the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) for teaching music in grades PreK-12.
- Participate in a choral ensemble, recitals and concert events throughout the year. Learn more here.
- Auditions are required of all students who wish to join a musical ensemble or who are applying for entrance into a music department program. View audition information.
- After graduation, you will be prepared to pursue a master’s and doctoral degree. You can easily transition into Clarks Summit University’s Master of Education program.
- Add a Special Education minor for additional teaching opportunities.
- Teaching Music in Elementary Schools
- Teaching Music in Secondary Schools
- Music Theory I-IV
- Aural Skills I-II
- Music History I-III
- Private Lessons
- Concert Choir
- Psychology of Learning and Education
- Group Vocal Technique