Intercultural Youth Ministries
(Bachelor of Science)
Earning Your Degree at CSU
Reaching young people is the next great wave in world missions, and you can be equipped to serve and lead in this growing field.
Young people worldwide need godly mentors who will invest in their lives and point them to the Word of God. You will be prepared to be a discipler and teacher wherever God leads you.
REACH THE NEXT GENERATION
You have a passion for reaching young people for Christ, and you love the challenge of a new adventure. You appreciate different cultures, traditions and outlooks and thrive on change and new opportunities. The thought of broadening your perspective within a new culture excites you!
of students receive financial aid
YOU WILL LEARN TO...
- Apply youth ministry strategies while interacting with nationals in an international setting
- Understand and apply biblical truth through 42 credit hours of Bible and theology courses
- Better understand the world in which you minister through general studies courses
- Hone specific skills needed for your ministry through 42 credit hours in specific disciplines of the field
YOU WILL LEAVE CLARKS SUMMIT UNIVERSITY WITH…
- Training from professors who have firsthand experience ministering within youth culture
- Experience serving and living in another culture
- The influence of nationals who will shape your understanding from a practical level
- Experience being involved in the lives of young people, at home and overseas
- The ability to guide young people through the challenges of their teenage years and become a leader they can respect and trust
QUICK FACTS ABOUT CSU’S INTERCULTURAL YOUTH MINISTRIES PROGRAM
- You will be immersed in a different culture. You will spend a full academic year, including a summer, in a different country, taking classes online as you learn outside the classroom.
- You will be mentored in a place like Spanish-speaking South America or English-speaking Africa. This is not just a “junior-year overseas” program. Through this unique program you will be impacted by another culture as you sharpen your focus and customize your major.
- Cross Cultural Communications
- Cross Cultural Evangelism
- Cultural Anthropology
- Dynamics of Discipleship
- Family Life of the Ministry Leader
- Foundations of Ministry Leadership
- Personal Life of the Ministry Leader
- Youth Evangelism
- Youth Ministry Philosophy
- Youth Ministry Seminar
- Youth Ministry Strategy
- Ministry leader in a church or parachurch setting
- Youth Pastor or Youth Ministry Leader
- You’ll also be prepared to pursue graduate or seminary-level education
Mission agencies, such as Association of Baptist for World Evangelism, are seeking intercultural youth ministries professionals to be involved in a wide variety of settings. There is no shortage of career opportunities.