Health and Physical Education
(Bachelor of Science in Education)
Earning Your Degree at CSU
God created human beings to glorify Him with every movement. Building healthy bodies is important for our mental, emotional, social, physical and spiritual well-being.
Our Health and Physical Education program prepares you for a career of teaching others how to care for their bodies. This program will stretch you mentally and help you improve your own physical abilities, while training you to deeply impact others.
You’ve always been enthusiastic about hands-on learning. Your best studying takes place on the court, field or rink. Working with today’s youth excites you, and you understand that sports is another way to connect with people. You value competition, coordination, confidence and coaching and are ready to make a difference one game at a time.
certifications eligible after graduation
YOU WILL LEARN TO...
- Coach students in interactive settings
- Motivate others towards healthy lifestyles
- Teach movement, sports and health education in dynamic environments
YOU WILL LEAVE CLARKS SUMMIT UNIVERSITY WITH…
- Teaching and mentoring skills
- A passion for training students in active situations
- Resources for practical classroom and gym use
- Hands-on experience in coaching, organizing and running fitness activities
QUICK FACTS ABOUT CSU’S HEALTH AND PHYSICAL EDUCATION PROGRAM
- 122 credits
- You will be eligible to apply for Pennsylvania state certification, which shares reciprocity with most states, and from the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) for grades PreK-12
- Your final semester consists of two student teaching placements, at a public and Christian school
- Methods of Teaching Physical Education
- Exercise Physiology
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Coaching Techniques
- Team Sports
- Health Education Strategies and Concepts
- Physical Education Teacher
- Recreation Worker
- Athletic Coach
- Health Educator
- Fitness Specialist