Early Childhood/Elementary Education PreK–4 (Bachelor of Science)
A teacher is perhaps the greatest influence on a young student’s life. You will gain important practical experience through classroom aiding, observation and teaching opportunities in local schools. Our professors will mentor and guide you as you participate in hands-on learning activities.
Equip Young Students.
You will gain essential skills, including methods, approaches and an understanding of early childhood development. Prepare to lead students as an educator who cares deeply for continued development in all aspects of life.
Quick facts about CSU’s Early Childhood/Elementary Education Program
- 126 credits
- You will student-teach at both a Christian and public school during your final semester
- You will be eligible to apply for Pennsylvania state certification and from the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) for teaching children from birth to grade four
- After graduation, you will be prepared to pursue a master’s and doctoral degree. You can easily transition into Clarks Summit University’s Master of Education program
- Add a Special Education minor for additional teaching opportunities
You will Learn to…
- Teach with age-appropriate developmental practices
- Create engaging classroom spaces to encourage learning
- Interact with current trends and innovations in early childhood education
- Effectively interact, build relationships and partner with parents
You will Leave Clarks Summit University with…
- Valuable teaching experience in multiple classroom settings
- A solid biblical foundation for education
- In-depth understanding of children’s developmental needs and abilities
- Practical resources for use in the classroom
You Could be a…
- Elementary Teacher
- Preschool Worker
- Child Care Program Director
- Effective Instructional Strategies
- Early Childhood Education Theories and Practices
- Child, Family and Community
- Classroom Organization and Management
- Introduction to Special Education
- Observation, Documentation and Assessment
What our Students Say…
"Clarks Summit University’s early childhood/elementary education program offers students the opportunity to learn how to be quality teachers who genuinely love those they serve, whether it be the children in your classroom, their families or even colleagues. The professors not only teach you the methods and strategies behind teaching, but they also push you to see teaching as a chance to minister and pour into the lives of others!"
“I chose Clarks Summit University because of the quality education, training and hands-on experience the program offers starting freshman year. The faculty prepares their students to be effective teachers using any curriculum in both the public and private school settings. Pennsylvania is also one of the top states for education, so certification can be reciprocated in almost any other state in the U.S.A.” —Julie Boshoven, Severn, Maryland, alumnus