(Bachelor of Science)
Earning Your Degree at CSU
Clarks Summit University’s Criminal Justice program will give you the real-world experience you need to succeed. Through multiple supervised, on-campus law enforcement apprenticeships and an immersive, hands-on internship, you’ll leave CSU with the academic and practical training you need to excel in your career.
At CSU, you can learn how to succeed in the criminal justice field by truly making a difference in the lives of the people you serve. CSU’s criminal justice program not only prepares you for careers in law enforcement, courts and corrections systems; it gives you a unique foundation in theology, sociology and psychology, which enables you to bring a redemptive, ethical and service-minded approach to the field. With a biblical foundation and hands-on application, you will leave CSU ready to serve Christ in a variety of criminal justice careers.
PREPARE FOR CRIMINAL JUSTICE CAREERS
You have a strong sense of justice, complemented by a caring nature that desires to see the best for people. You value the contributions of those who provide public safety and care enough to serve others through their careers.
Your degree will prepare you to serve in the criminal justice field with a uniquely biblical perspective, giving you the tools needed to pursue a career that goes beyond simply enforcing a set of rules to helping the hearts of hurting people.
of students receive financial aid
YOU WILL LEARN TO...
- Articulate a biblical view of justice and restoration
- Evaluate criminal justice theory, systems and ethics from a biblical worldview
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
- Apply critical thinking skills
- Lead and serve in a professional capacity
YOU WILL LEAVE CLARKS SUMMIT UNIVERSITY WITH…
- A biblically informed, restorative view of justice
- Ethical foundations for work in a criminal justice career
- Knowledge of biblical counseling and psychology
- Hands-on law enforcement experience
QUICK FACTS ABOUT CSU’S ACCOUNTING PROGRAM
- Includes an internship tailored to your criminal justice career goals and interests
- Includes four law enforcement apprenticeships as part of the on-campus security team
- Prepares you to pursue graduate studies in focused criminal justice fields after graduation
- Theological Foundations Justice and Restoration
- Introduction to Criminal Justice & Law Enforcement
- Juvenile Justice
- Systems of Correction
- Ethics and Professionalism
- Substance Abuse
- Social Psychology
- Law Enforcement Officer
- Private Detective
- State Trooper
- Security Officer
- Crime Scene Investigator
- U.S. Marshall
- Corrections Officer
- Court-related Employee
- Government Agent