(Bachelor of Arts)
Earning Your Degree at CSU
Theatre offers a dynamic way to connect with people from all walks of life. Theatre touches hearts, evokes deep thinking and can be an avenue to proclaim truth.
The Communications major with a theatre emphasis places you in shoulder-rubbing range with experienced actors, directors and distinguished faculty. You will learn through hands-on classes, workshops and professional coaching. Main stage theatre productions give you the opportunity to hone your acting skills and build your resume. You’ll experience a wide variety of genres including comedy, drama, musicals, classics and contemporary works.
CONNECTING THROUGH THEATRE
You’ve always loved the stage, and you find it hard to stay away from it. You love engaging in art whether by viewing it or making it, and you are passionate about honoring God with your theatrical abilities.
Get the training and experience you need to powerfully communicate through the arts.
YOU WILL LEARN TO...
- Create quality theatre.
- Design and construct technical elements such as lights, sound, sets, make up and costumes.
- Direct casts and lead rehearsals.
YOU WILL LEAVE CLARKS SUMMIT UNIVERSITY WITH…
- Proficient acting and directing skills.
- First-hand experience in stage performance.
- Valuable leadership and interpersonal skills for working with teams.
- Biblical philosophies of art and leadership.
QUICK FACTS ABOUT CSU’S COMMUNICATIONS—THEATRE PROGRAM
- 122 Credits
- Theatre practicums allow you to gain experience in your desired field.
- Theatre students have interned at Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival (Allentown, PA), Ghostlight Productions (Clarks Summit, PA) and Electric Theatre Company (Scranton, PA).
- Graduates have earned M.A., M.F.A., and Ph.D. degrees in Theatre and have gone on to act, direct and teach at both high school and university levels.
- Graduates have gone on to work professionally with Sight and Sound Theatre (Lancaster, PA), WVIA Television (Pittston, PA) and other mainstream venues.
- Introduction to Theatre
- Acting I and II
- Studies in Dramatic Literature
- Selected Works of Shakespeare
- Stage Manager
- Company Director