Addictions Counseling (Associate of Arts)
Understand the issues
In a world where almost everything is readily accessible, substance abuse, unhealthy behaviors, and even destructive thinking patterns are very real challenges. The Addictions Counseling Program equips you understand and recognize issues and deal biblically with them, helping people out of enslaving habits.
Share your compassion and develop your skills.
You love helping people. You’ve seen how addictions and substance abuse can devastate lives, and your heart breaks for those caught in traps of dependency. The compassion within you yearns to help people out of destructive habits, behaviors and thoughts. The great work of God’s love and grace in your life motivates you to show others how much God loves them and can rescue them from addiction.
The Addictions Counseling Program trains you in biblical knowledge and practical skills for counseling. The unique blend of instruction in psychology and discipleship develops your abilities for a highly needed role in today’s society. Get the tools you need to help a a hurting, enslaved world find freedom.
Quick facts about CSU’s Addictions Counseling Program
- 61 credits
- Prepares you to pursue a Bachelor of Science and master’s degrees that can result in certification for Addictions Counseling.
- Qualifies you for employment in addiction treatment facilities.
- Clarks Summit University offers a B.S.C., an M.S.C., and an M.A. in Counseling Ministries
You will learn to…
- Identify addiction problems.
- Combine biblical truth and practical steps for treating addictions.
- Confront spiritual and psychological issues.
You will leave Clarks Summit University with…
- A solid foundation of biblical knowledge for counseling.
- Understanding of addictions, abuse and enslaving choices.
- A well-formulated, biblically-grounded philosophy of counseling.
- Solid training for further education in the field of counseling.
- Abnormal Psychology
- Behavioral Addictions
- Crisis Counseling
- Dynamics of Discipleship
- Human Growth and Development
- Marriage and Family Dynamics
- Substance Addictions
- Understanding and Treating Addiction