COVID-19 Reopening Plan
Safe on the Summit Plan for Reopening
CSU leadership, using guidelines from the CDC, the Pennsylvania Department of Health and the Pennsylvania Department of Education, has developed the Safe on the Summit plan to responsibly welcome students and employees back to campus for the fall 2020 semester. Highlights of the campus-wide health and safety measures are highlighted below.
- All CSU guidelines are in line with recommendations for higher education by the CDC, the Pennsylvania Department of Health and the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
- CSU offices will open prior to student arrival in accordance to Pennsylvania’s “Green Phase” guidelines.
- Students will arrive on campus in a phased repopulation plan. (Find details in the “On-Campus Students” page).
Cleaning and Sanitizing:
- Sanitizing measures have been increased across campus, including frequent sanitization of high-traffic areas.
- In classrooms, student touch-points on desks and chairs will be sanitized between every class.
- Hand sanitizing stations are now available throughout campus.
- Plastic barriers have been installed at transaction points.
- Students should follow recommendations found on the “Pre-arrival” section of the “On-Campus Students” page.
- Personal protective equipment such as face coverings will be required in public areas on campus according to the recommendations from previously cited organizations.
- Students and employees will care for one another by following the Individual Responsibility Document, which will be released as soon as it is available.
- Students and employees will have regular health checks, including daily temperature checks.
- Students and employees are asked to follow preventative measures and hygiene practices that limit the spread of COVID-19.
- Designated spaces are reserved for quarantining individuals who have symptoms or confirmed cases of COVID-19.