Safe on the Summit Plan for Reopening
CSU leadership, using guidelines from the CDC, the Pennsylvania Department of Health and the Pennsylvania Department of Education, has developed the Safe on the Summit COVID-19 Plan. Highlights of the campus-wide health and safety measures are highlighted below. CSU guidelines are in line with recommendations for higher education by the CDC, the Pennsylvania Department of Health and the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
Cleaning and Sanitizing:
- Sanitizing measures have been increased across campus, including frequent sanitization of high-traffic areas.
- In classrooms, student touch-points on desks and chairs are sanitized between every class.
- Hand sanitizing stations are now available throughout campus.
- Plastic barriers have been installed at transaction points.
Individual Care and Responsibility:
- Students should follow recommendations found on the “Pre-arrival” section of the “Student Information” page.
- Personal protective equipment such as face coverings is required in public areas on campus according to the recommendations from previously cited organizations.
- Students and employees care for one another by following the guidelines outlined in the CSU Safe on the Summit plan.
- Students and employees complete regular health checks, including daily temperature checks.
- Students and employees are asked to follow preventative measures and hygiene practices that limit the spread of COVID-19.
- Designated spaces are reserved for quarantining individuals who have symptoms or confirmed cases of COVID-19.