Third Party Billing and Payment Authorization
Information for Students and Sponsors
If a qualified third-party is paying your tuition and fees, then after your course registration:
Your third-party payer must:
Complete a Third-Party Billing Authorization Form and send it via email to BusinessOffice@ClarksSummitU.edu. (This form should be completed by and sent from the sponsor’s email address. It should not be completed by or sent from the student.)
You, the student, must:
Complete a Third-Party Contract Release Form and send it via email to BusinessOffice@ClarksSummitU.edu. (This form should be completed by and sent from the student’s email address. It should not be completed by or sent from the sponsor.)
NOTE: Having a sponsor does not relieve the student of their financial obligations to the University. If the sponsor fails to pay any amount for any reason, the student will remain responsible for paying their financial obligations to the University.
Qualifications for Third Party Billing
Outside organizations qualify for third-party billing if:
- They will cover all or most of a student’s tuition and fees
- They will send payments directly to Clarks Summit University
- They require an itemized invoice to be addressed in their name
Outside organizations do not qualify for third-party billing if:
- Payments will be sent directly to the student
- Only proof of registration or a copy of the student’s bill is required
Deadlines for Third-Party Billing
Please have the above forms submitted no later than the 25th of the month following the student’s course registration. An invoice will be sent by the 1st of the month.
- NOTE: Invoices will not be sent earlier than 2 months prior to the start of the semester.
- In general, payment is expected from a third-party not later than 2 months after the start of the semester.
- You will continue to receive a monthly bill. Do not set up your third-party as a user on your student account. This will result in duplicate billing.
- Third-party payments are not subject to the same deadlines as student payments, nor are third-party bills sent at the same time as student bills. You are responsible for ensuring that payments made on your behalf are received in a timely manner. We generally expect payment within two months of the start of the semester.
- If your third-party payer fails to pay, you are responsible for paying all charges due on your account.
- Third-party payers cannot be billed for past terms or for any items that are not posted to your student account.