Isakson & Roe Requirements
Isakson & Roe Requirements Section 1018 of Public Law 116-315
Johnny Isakson and David P. Roe, M.D. Veterans Health Care and Benefits Improvement Act of 2020, adds new requirements for educational institutions participating in the educational assistance programs of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). These new provisions became effective June 15, 2021 and will apply to Institutions of Higher Learning and Non-College Degree institutions beginning August 1, 2021. Many of the requirements are consistent with the requirements of the Principles of Excellence, currently in Executive Order 13607; however, there are requirements in addition to those embodied in the Principles of Excellence which schools must also satisfy to maintain approval for GI Bill® participation.
Schools must provide a covered individual (a student using benefits under chapter 30, 31, 32, 33, or 35 of title 38, U.S.C., or chapter 1606 of title 10, U.S.C.) with a personalized shopping sheet that contains:
Estimated total cost of the course that includes tuition, fees, books, supplies and any other additional costs.
Estimated cost of living expenses.
Other types of Federal financial aid, not administered by VA that is offered by the institution, that the individual may be qualified to receive.
Estimated amount of student loan debt the individual would have upon graduation.
Information regarding graduation rates:
Information regarding job-placement rates for graduates, if available.
Information regarding the acceptance of transfer credits including military credits.
The Financial Aid Shopping Sheet
- Admissions will provide students with an award letter once they have been offered a financial aid award package.
Net Price Calculator
- The Net Price Calculator provides an estimate based on cost of attendance and financial aid provided to students in a previous year.
The College Scorecard
- The College Scorecard is a planning tool and resource to assist prospective students and their families as they evaluate options in selecting a school.
The College Navigator
- The College Navigator is a tool that provides school information to include tuition and fees, retention and graduation rates, use of financial aid, student loan default rates and features a cost calculator and school comparison tool.
GI Bill® Comparison Tool
- The Comparison Tool is a tool to explore the right fit for your educational goal and benefits use.