Master of Arts: Counseling Concentration
Master of Arts – Online
Share Wisdom with Others.
The Counseling concentration will equip you to provide wise, biblical counsel in a wide range of roles. You will better understand people, grow in your awareness of how God’s Word applies to life and help resolve human struggles.
What Will You Learn?
Start with a biblical base and build a practical understanding of people to learn how to truly make a difference.
Build on a biblical foundation
Start with 12 credits of Bible and theology that are specifically related to the counseling field. The Bible is the foundation, focus and filter of the entire Master of Arts with a Counseling concentration.
Customized counseling options
You can choose 15 credits of counseling courses to customize half of your degree studies to the areas that will benefit your ministry most. Choose from topics such as addictions, mental and mood disorders, grief counseling and counseling children.
Each of your courses is taught from a biblical worldview. You’ll interact within small class sizes and with professors who really care about you and your goals. You’ll not only receive quality academics to prepare you for the next steps in your career and ministry, but you’ll also get mentorship to prepare you for life.
All courses are 3 credits unless noted.
Course Descriptions can be found in the catalog.
Bible and Theology
- Theological Foundations of Change [CO505]
- Biblical Philosophy of Counseling [CO506]
- Spiritual Interventions in Counseling [CO584]
- Survey of Doctrine [TH517] OR How to Develop a Biblical Worldview [TH511]
- Marriage and Family Counseling [CO539]
Choose 5 courses – 15 credits
- Research Methods [CO510]
- Statistical Methods and Applications [CO511]
- Counseling Children [CO514]
- Evaluating Research [CO519]
- Theories and Techniques of Counseling [CO520]
- Human Development [CO530]
- Career Counseling [CO532]
- Introduction to Group Counseling [CO535] (module)
- Marriage and Family Counseling [CO539]
- Abnormal Behavior [CO540]
- Appraisal and Testing in Counseling [CO542] (module)
- The Helping Relationship [CO544] (module)
- Psychology of Grief and Bereavement [CO549]
- Ethics and Professional Orientation to Counseling [CO550]
- Counseling Interventions for Women [CO561]
- Ethnicity and Counseling [CO565]
- Foundations of Clinical Mental Health Counseling [CO571]
- Understanding and Treating ADdictions [CO617]
- Behavioral Addictions [Co619]
- Substance Addictions [Co627]
- Human Sexuality [CO630]
- Evaluation and Consultation of Mental and Mood Disorders [CO701]
- Diagnosis of Mental and Mood Disorders [CO703]
- Methods of Preventions and Intervention of Mental and Emotional Disorders [CO705]
August 15, 2022
October 17, 2022
January 9, 2023
March 6, 2023
Customize your studies. Reach your goals.
Clarks Summit University’s facts underscore the commitment to your success!
top faith-based online college in Pennsylvania
best value online: most affordable Bible and Christian colleges
best online college in Pennsylvania
earn three credits in eight-week sessions
Master of Arts,
I have fallen in love with counseling. I have a passion for seeing people, particularly women, live lives that are healthy spiritually, physically and mentally. I am able to use what I am learning at CSU right now…and I love to see lives changed from a biblical counseling perspective.
- Prepare for professional roles and personal ministry opportunities.
- Complete your degree completely online in as little as two years.
- Collaborate with instructors and classmates as you benefit from a supportive network.
- Customize the program to meet your individual interests and goals.
Help others more effectively.
When you learn about the human condition coupled with the grace available in Christ, you will be equipped to help others through real-life situations with the hope of Christ.
Invest in Your Future
When you earn your master’s degree, you’ll open new doors in your career and ministry. CSU works hard to ensure you receive the best value in education with competitive tuition rates, many ways to qualify for discounts and individualized support.
complete your degree in as little as two years
cost per credit (before any discouts)