Fast Facts about Clarks Summit University
Who We are
Clarks Summit University will equip you to shape your culture and help you use your God-given passions and talents to impact your world.
The university was founded in 1932 in Johnson City, New York. Read more about our faith and history.
10 Things You’ll Love About Clarks Summit University
1. You’ll have valuable support. Your professors, resident directors and coaches help you navigate through college life. But–as our alumni can tell you–the best part is, these mentors and friends will support and encourage you long after your graduation!
2. You’ll be part of the community. You’ll build life-long friendships as you live in our residence halls, worship in weekday chapels and have fun in extracurricular activities as a member of our close-knit student body.
3. You’ll stay busy. Whether you enjoy music, theatre, athletics or campus events, there’s something for you at Clarks Summit University. You can get involved in clubs, intramural sports, student government and other leadership and service roles. Clarks Summit University is big enough to give you valuable opportunities and small enough for you to get involved and feel valued as a member of our community.
4. You’ll make a difference. No need to wait until after graduation to change the world. You will put learning into practice through career-related experiences, local church involvement and service to the community.
5. You’ll experience academics with a biblical foundation. Clarks Summit University is fully accredited and faith-centered, offering dual majors in Bible and more than 40 undergraduate academic programs, such a business, counseling and education.
6. You’ll learn to lead. You will be prepared to lead your family, church, community and in the career field you choose.
7. You’ll join a successful network. Our alumni lead businesses, colleges, schools, churches, missions agencies, camps and countless other organizations in all 50 states and over 70 countries. At Clarks Summit University, you will join a network of success.
8. You’ll be prepared for further learning. Clarks Summit University students are accepted at top-level graduate schools and seminaries across the country.
9. You’ll discover affordable options. More than 95 percent of our students receive assistance in paying for college. Learn about available financial aid.
10. You’ll love living here. Our beautiful campus is just a short drive away from major metropolitan areas like New York City and Philadelphia. Ski resorts, amusement parks and state parks are a few highlights around our campus.
FAST FACTS ABOUT CLARKS SUMMIT UNIVERSITY
17 major buildings on campus, athletic facilities and a four-acre lake.
Cafeteria, gymnasium, theatre stage and other recreation and meeting spaces are located in the Phelps Student Center.
62,000-foot Recreation Center boasts a climbing wall, running track, basketball courts, cardio and weight rooms, batting cage and event space.
Total Enrollment: 990
High School Profile:
45.6 percent – Public High School
39.1 percent – Christian High School
13.8 percent – Home School
1.5 percent – Private or other
91 percent of residential undergraduates live in one of our 11 residence halls
43 percent – Pennsylvania residents
56 percent – from 29 states other than Pennsylvania
one percent – from outside the United States
Undergraduate and Graduate: 36 (18 hold doctorates)
Seminary: Eight (all hold doctorates)
- Master of Ministry
- Master of Divinity
- Master of Arts in Biblical Apologetics
- Master of Theology
- Doctor of Ministry (D.Min.)
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Biblical Studies
- Cross Country
- Cross Country
For 2010 cohort:
Overall graduation rate for 150 percent of normal time to completion: 55 percent
Overall transfer-out rate: 5 percent
Graduation rate for 150 percent of normal time to completion of student pursuing bachelor’s degree: 54 percent
For 2008 cohort:
Graduation rate for 150 percent of normal time to completion of student pursuing bachelor’s degree: 48 percent
Graduation rate for 200 percent of normal time to completion of student pursuing bachelor’s degree: 51 percent
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
3624 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
The Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE)
5850 T.G. Lee Blvd.,Ste 130
Orlando, FL 32822-1781
98 percent receive financial aid.
Current undergraduate tuition, room, board and fees.
Current graduate tuition and financial aid information.
Current seminary tuition and financial aid information.
Community Economic Impact
Our economic impact in the community is estimated at $36 million a year. We generated nearly $15 million in revenue during the 2013-2014 school year and conducted business with about 300 vendors in Pennsylvania alone. Our students spend about $1 million each year locally.
We provide $6 million in salaries to about 210 employees annually, generating over $60,000 for local government wage taxes. About half of our employees own homes, paying more than $300,000 a year in property taxes.
Special Summer Programs
Each summer nearly 4,000 visitors participate in many programs we offer, including:
- Big Blue sports day camps in basketball and soccer for athletes ranging from five-year-olds to ninth graders.
- Defender Sports Camps for high school age athletes feature basketball and soccer.
- Teen Leadership Conference for high school age students ready for fun and leadership training.
- Launch Jr. High Camp for students to answer tough questions from a biblical perspective and meet new friends.
- LYFE Women’s Conference a girls’ getaway time of refreshment and renewal.