People on my Path to CSU: Stories of Influence

God uses people to influence His people. An encouraging word, a deep conversation, or a caring question can play a part in leading someone along the path God has for them. This can be seen in the many ways God has led students to Clarks Summit University! Here are just a few examples from our current students at CSU.

Lydia Peters

Communications–Writing and Biblical Studies double major Peters heard about CSU from her aunts Kylene (Peters) Bak (’02) and Amy (Peters) Velarde (’03). She wanted to decide on a college independently from where her family attended. She was impressed with a CSU’s admissions counselor’s personal approach, followed by the strong sense of community she experienced on her visit. “I’m thankful that it was recommended to me because CSU is exactly what I was looking for in a school.” Peters now resides in Barndollar Hall, the same dorm in which her aunts lived.

Paul Bancroft
Business Administration and Biblical Studies double major

Bancroft read about CSU on his church’s website, in the biographies of his pastors Mike Briggs (’87, ’91) and Chad Konieczny (’12). Konieczny told him about the beauty of the campus and the practical experience of the professors. “I appreciate the tight-knit community at CSU. Having been homeschooled, I was somewhat concerned about adjusting to a new social atmosphere, but it was great! Ultimately, I choose CSU for its community, size, campus, and discipleship.”

Genevieve Frank

Intercultural Youth Ministries and Biblical Studies double major Frank was encouraged to consider CSU by high school friends Rachel Sims and Addison Clouser. “In just one semester, I have already caught a glimpse into more practical ways in which I can abide in Christ each day…I am so thankful that Rachel and Addison were placed in my life and that God could work through them in bringing me to CSU; it is such a blessing!”

Zach Niver

Camping Ministries and Biblical Studies double major. He was influenced by his summer camp work supervisor Brian Stebick (’05). Niver appreciates the community at CSU. “CSU really cares about its students.”

This will close in 20 seconds

Left Menu Icon
Clarks Summit University Clarks Summit University