Request Info

Visit

Apply Now

Give

Students Pursue a Life of Service at CROSS

Published January 29, 2019 in News

CROSS Conference is a biennial event for young people with the goal “to see our generation live for the most loving cause in the universe: bringing people from every tribe, tongue and nation into the everlasting joy of knowing and worshiping Jesus.”

A group of Clarks Summit University students attended the conference, including Eszter Lisztes, an Intercultural Studies major from Hungary. “CROSS was a conference for me personally to be hit by the realities of my commitment to God and His calling for me to full time mission work,” she explains. “In many ways I left with an odd, mixed feeling of disappointment and encouragement. I was happy to be absolutely reassured that reaching unreached and unengaged people groups is what I want to do and that I am on a good path pursuing this goal.” On the other hand, she also was presented with the reality of some hard aspects of a life of service. “I am so glad for this though,” she admits, “because at the end of the conference, even while I was inwardly grieving a life I cannot have as a missionary, and the losses I will have on the field, I was able to make an even stronger commitment that I still want to do this. As we stood for a dedication during the ‘Prayer for Those Who Go,’ I was able to celebrate the life God has for me, with the confidence that there is nowhere else I’d rather be, than in His will.”

The team of CSU students and staff members traveled and learned together over winter break, all with different goals and perspectives related to their personal ministries. Lisztes recommends CROSS for those who want a life-changing experience and exposure to what God is doing around the world. “If you’re like me and are already fully committed to mission work—go! Do not miss an opportunity to find out what you’re still missing and what God still has for you to learn.”

Learn more about Intercultural Studies at CSU! 

This will close in 20 seconds

Left Menu Icon
Clarks Summit University Clarks Summit University