Request Info

Visit

Apply Now

Give

October Internship Report – Alexander Noriega

Published September 27, 2016

Northmoreland Baptist Church, Tunkhannock, Pennsylvania

Ministry Highlights

We were able to have our Centershot training this month! It’s the first step in helping us be prepared for January when we plan to launch Centershot. It was great to work together with the leader of the ministry as well as the other members who received training alongside of me.

Our new website is up and active! While not the biggest thing in the world, we needed an upgrade and we needed a site that is simple to tweak and adjust. We are thinking long term, for when us interns are gone and the church will be responsible for upkeep.

I was able to attend the Council on Dispensational Hermeneutics this month. It was a wonderful time spent with Pastor and Kimpi (a lot of great talks), as well as learning a lot of useful ways to apply hermeneutics to my everyday life. I am really glad I went.

I was able to help with our Olympians kick-off event this month. It was pretty simple, me just helping the kids have a good time. I was able to talk to a couple of the boys and get to know them, and it was honestly a fun night of getting to know the kids and just being a friend. Plus, it was encouraging the amount of kids that did show up, so we were thankful for that!

Key Prayer Requests

We are continuing to find times and places to have bible studies and events for men and women in our church. The hard part is work. Many of the people who WANT to come can’t due to work hours or other responsibilities, so it’s been a challenge finding a day and time that works for numerous people. So, we could use your prayers for continued wisdom and discernment for planning these gatherings.

While our website is up and active, like anything, it needs maintenance. There’s a lot I’d still like to improve, some of which I’ll have to learn how to do. So, please pray that I will be able to find the answers I need while not destroying our website in the process.

Please do keep my friend in your prayers still. Last I talked, she’s still struggling with the trials that God is taking her through in this time of her life. She’s continuing to lean on Him, but like all of us, it’s easy to be like Peter and take our eyes off of Jesus and start sinking. So, keep her in prayer!

Pray for our Pastor! Having been able to work with him these two months, I can tell you this man works hard for God and for the people that he’s been appointed to watch over. Some days I wish he could just sit and rest, but he has so much on his plate. So ask our God to continue to provide Kurt Seboe the energy he needs to get through each day and to be watching over his spirit and mind through all of the trials and challenges that ministry brings (and for us interns to help take some of the burdens)!

Prominent Lessons

We were able to have our Centershot training this month! While this was mostly for us instructors on knowing how to handle bows and other safety protocols, it was a humbling experience for me. There were times my adult mind wanted to scream “SO WHAT?” Thankfully, God shut me up and helped me listen. I learned that there were valuable reasons for doing what we do, and that I don’t know as much as I think I know.

It’s OK that I don’t know everything. For some reason, I had it in my head that since I have these projects, I need to do everything or know everything. Thankfully, God has been supplying me people from the church who know more than I do. They’ve been greatly encouraging, as they’ve eased my mind from stress when I couldn’t figure something out. So, I’m grateful to our God for reminding me that I’m a part of a team, a body and not just out on my own.

In the ongoing battle with spiritual growth and maturity, God has been increasingly loving and merciful to me this month. He has brought me through some low moments, and He has kept me strong in a lot of the little moments that make up the bulk of my days. I can honestly say that I am seeing myself grow spirituall, and find that I am still so incredibly blessed by our God and that I don’t deserve a single tiny portion of these blessings. Times like these remind me of how loved I am and blessed I am in being found in Jesus Christ.

Key Goals for the Next Month

Sermon outlines and points finished.

To create a backlog on our new site for Pastor’s previous sermons in Matthew. I want to create a page for his Matthew series, which means I’ll have to track down the audio files, tweak them, upload them and title/descript them.

The welcome team needs to be started and trained, so hopefully by the end of the month they’ll be formed and active.

To stay on top of paperwork!

This will close in 20 seconds

Left Menu Icon
Clarks Summit University Clarks Summit University